Increasing Tinder matches is not as complicated as people would want you to believe. In fact it is fairly simple to increase your Tinder matches with a few changes to your profile…
..And in this post I am going to give you a step-by-step guide on how to land more matches on Tinder without skipping any steps in between.
Are you ready?
If yes, read on.
How is Tinder different from other dating apps?
Tinder is nothing like other dating apps that we are used to like Match or okCupid. Tinder is a lot more practical and the results are a lot more quicker.
But since Tinder comes with so many advantages, its popularity is also very high and therefore there is a higher percentage of male profiles compared to female profiles.
This is nothing to worry about.
Although there are a lot of men out there who have created a Tinder profile and have been aimlessly swiping right for ages, very few have actually seen real success here.
I would even go on to argue that less than 10% of all men on Tinder actually have great success on the platform.
So what is the problem here?
They treat Tinder like any other dating app where you put in details like your profession and hobbies and few physical attributes like height, color of hair etc along with a yearbook style picture and hope for matches to rain down on you.
Here is a spoiler: IT IS NOT GOING TO WORK!
So what do you need to do to make your profile attractive to women so that you get more women to match with you?
Although most people would like to complicate things by giving you countless gimmicks and unsolicited manipulation techniques that do not work, I do not intend to take you on that path.
Rather I am going to lay out a step by step process of how you can showcase your most authentic self to the ladies out there so that they can see what kind of a man you really are.
Yes. It is that simple.
However, execution requires a bit of effort…
…and by the end of this post you would have what is required to showcase your true self.
Important Rule : Be Authentic.
It all starts with your mindset.
If you start off thinking that you need to be this “other” person in order for women to like you then you are going to spend your entire life not being content with your dating life.
Faking in some cases can bring you some level of success, it is a hard fact.
But that will not last beyond a few days or even a few hours and women will see right through you.
Start by believing that women will like you for who you really are. And there are about 3 billion of them out there and there are a lot of them on Tinder too, so be authentic and you will improve your Tinder matches.
So now that we got that out of the way..
… let us get started on how to get more matches on Tinder for guys.
Step 1: Approach to Tinder profile creation
When you are creating a Tinder profile you need to do it with the utmost care. Hence, you should try to show the best of you to the world.
Your profile is your face to the dating world, make sure it standouts and remembered.
For that you need to understand how most women use Tinder…
..they do not swipe right on every profile. NO, they don’t.
Instead what they do is, choose profiles that interests them and then check them out.
So you need to stand out to make a good first impression so that she checks you out.
Step 2: Setting up the right profile picture
If you are complaining that “I’m not getting any matches on Tinder”, then the first thing you need to check out is your profile picture.
When it comes to this department there are a few dos and don’ts..
.. let us get to the dos first:
- Your face has to be clearly visible in the picture.
- The picture has to be a front facing shot
- Hire someone to take a DSLR picture, it will go a long way in helping you land more matches. Latest iPhones too could do the trick, it would largely depend on the photographer.
- Smile for heaven sake.
- Give a confident pose, no one likes to be around a sobbing guy.
- Have an open body language, shows that you are welcoming and sociable.
- Use the color red in the picture. Women love it.
- Go for a good background, vacation pictures are usually perfect.
Employ these tips to get that near perfect profile picture that will have her checking you out.
But wait.. There are certain things that put women off. These are things you need to clearly avoid for you to get out of “not getting matches on Tinder anymore” mode.
So here are the don’ts list:
- No group pictures. The girl needs to know who she is swiping right for, avoid pictures with 5 other guys at any cost.
- No side shots of your face where it is partially visible. Women need to know what they are swiping for so show your complete face. Be proud of what you are.
- Stay away from selfies, people have moved on to better things. A selfie on Tinder just tells to the world that you are self-obsessed, women do not need that. Have a friend take a good picture of you instead.
- No shirtless pictures unless you are Jake Gyllenhaal, Matthew Mcconaughey, Channing Tatum… you get the type. You will have plenty of opportunities to show that side of you to the girl, but let her first get to know you first.
- No folding arms in your pictures, you are not auditioning for a pub bouncer job so keep your arms like how you would normally let them be.
- No generic pictures like puppies, quotes, building etc. JUST NO!
I understand that getting these things done might feel like a stretch but believe me it is better than hopelessly swiping right and leaving it up to chance.
So take that effort and be motivated enough to do it. You’ll thank me later for it.
Step 3: Other pictures in your profile
This is where things get interesting.
While the profile picture was to generate interest from the women, this part of your profile is to exhibit things that describe you.
Here are some ideas for other pictures in your Tinder Profile:
- If you love pets, then a picture of your with your pet.
- If you love babies then take a picture of your holding it.
- Visited an interesting place recently? Share any of those pictures with you in it.
- Cosplayer? I’m sure you have those snaps as well.
The important thing to remember here is that it is for you to give the women a glimpse into your life and to show that she can relate to you on some level.
Humans in general are attracted to people they can relate to, so use this opportunity to do just that.
Now that the more difficult part is over, the more creative part of profile improvement is next.
Step 4:….Yes, I am talking of your Tinder bio.
So, how do you write a great Tinder bio?
Just like how it is with the profile pictures there are a few dos and don’ts when it comes to your Tinder bio.
So let us get into things you can add to your bio:
- Hobbies (Writing, Trivia Geek etc)
- Passion (Music, Science, Sports etc)
- Ambition (What do you want to be doing)
- Profession ( I’ll be writing a complete post on the top swipe worthy professions on Tinder)
- Positive statement ( Example: Love hanging out with friends on open-air terraces)
- Things that you like to do when you get out of your home (Movies, standup shows, concerts etc)
- A question to get women curious. (Example: GoT is overrated, don’t you think so?)
These things will help the women to see if they can relate to your interests and priorities in life and see if they can imagine things you both can do together.
Women need context into who you are as a person and only then will they be able to relate to you.
So here are a few things you should definitely avoid:
- Do not talk about past relationships.
- Do not be cocky.
- Don’t be a misogynist (You’ll never get laid and you will be a douche all your life)
- No social or political discussions (Not the right place)
- No short forms (“you” and “u”, could be the difference between a right and a left swipe)
- Don’t use cliches like Sapiosexual, wanderlust etc. These words have been overused of late.
Follow these rules and you should see your profile getting swiped right a lot more than what it is right now. But we are not done yet.
So what’s missing?
Profile picture: Check
Other Pictures: Check
Well, you need to add some social proof to your profile as well. And Tinder helps you do that.
Step 5: Connect to your Instagram and Spotify
This is fairly straightforward. If you do have an Instagram and Spotify account, link them to your Tinder Profile. Makes it easier for women to get to know you a lot better even before starting a conversation.
These were 5 actionable steps that you can take today and start seeing results almost instantly.
Take in the effort and you will see good things happen.
BONUS TIP: Exhaust your likes everyday. I think Tinder refreshes likes every 24 hours so make sure you swipe and exhaust them everyday. It is like leaving money on the table…
…also try swiping at different times of the day to see what suits your city the best. I have observed that evening times between 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM are the best but it could vary based on where you live and the culture of your city.
If you are stuck somewhere do not hesitate to let me know in the comments below and I will be more than happy to answer your queries here. I will be doing more regular posts right here so make sure you check them out as well.
Remember, treating women with respect is of utmost importance (goes without saying) and you do reap what you sow. So be a gentleman and treat them right and see good things happen in your life.
Let me know how it goes in the comments below.